Photo by Brian Woodcock
When it comes to comfort foods, it doesn’t get much better than good old fashion macaroni and cheese. Recently, Country Living shared their own twist on the cozy classic featuring our own Anchor Steam Beer. Not only is this dish perfect for cooler months, it’s a major crowd pleaser at family gatherings, as well!
Anchor Steam Mac and Cheese
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (16-oz.) package short pasta
- 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4/ c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. Anchor Steam beer
- 2 c. half-and-half
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 oz. Havarti cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 8 oz. extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups), divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook until golden, 2 to 4 minutes. Whisk in flour and cayenne pepper and cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in beer and cook 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half and mustard. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in Havarti and 1 cup of cheddar until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper. Fold in pasta. Transfer mixture to a 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Powered by WPeMatico