SoCal brewer featured at PBW after launching with Origlio Beverage in Philadelphia in March 2014
Coronado, CA, May 22, 2014 — Only two months after reaching an agreement with Origlio Beverage for Philadelphia-area distribution, Coronado’s hoppy ales are coming to Philly Beer Week, taking place May 30th through June 8th. Coronado’s classic brews will be poured, including 2014 World Beer Cup Winner Islander IPA, Orange Avenue Wit, Mermaid’s Red, Blue Bridge Coffee Stout, and Idiot IPA. Philly will also see seasonal offerings such as Frog’s Breath and Hoppy Daze, and specialties like Bobblehead Red, GABF Silver Medal Winner Black Sails, and Barrelman’s Brown.
“The dedication of Ron and Rick Chapman is evident in the quality of Coronado’s beers and I look forward to spotlighting them even more at Philly Beer Week events,” said Grant Barrett, Origlio’s vice president of sales and marketing. “Now Philly beer drinkers can taste why they won the Champion Mid-Size Brewery & Brewmaster Award at the 2014 World Beer Cup awards only a month ago.”
Coronado Brewing will be visiting Philadelphia for the following launch events:
Philly Beer Week
- Saturday, May 31st: 6th Annual Philly Craft Beer Festival
- Wednesday, June 4th: 6pm, tasting with Coronado staff at Hulmeville Inn in Hulmeville
- Thursday, June 5th:7pm, Stay Classy San Diego at Devil’s Den in South Philly
- Friday, June 6th: 5pm, tasting with Coronado staff at The Industry in South Philly
- Friday, June 6th: 7pm, tasting with Coronado staff at Moriarty’s Pub in downtown Philly
- Saturday, June 7th: 12pm, join Coronado owner Rick Chapman and Brewer Ryan Brooks for a pig roast, and the chance to sample the 2014 World Beer Cup Winner winner Islander IPA at Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery in Montgomery County
- Saturday, June 7th: 5pm, tasting with Coronado staff at Capone’s in Norristown
“It’s very exciting to be part of the 6th Annual Philly Beer Week,” said Rick Chapman, Coronado’s president. “We have a lot of great events lined up, and we’re looking forward to sharing a brew with some new Philly friends.”
Coronado Website: http://coronadobrewingcompany.com
Origlio Website: http://origlio.com
About Coronado Brewing Company:
In 1996, when craft beer was still a foreign term and San Diego County was home to only a handful of breweries, the Chapman brothers Ron and Rick opened a brewpub in their hometown of Coronado. CBC brews abundantly hoppy West Coast-style ales staying true to their San Diego roots. They began distributing their beers throughout the local market, and today you can find Coronado beers in 17 states across the US. In addition to their long established pub in Coronado, the company opened a tasting room inside their newly built San Diego production facility in early 2013.
About Origlio Beverage:
Founded by Antonio Origlio in 1933, Origlio Beverage’s mission is, and always has been, to bring outstanding domestic, imported, craft and micro-brewed beers to the Delaware Valley. With an ever-growing portfolio, we will continue to bring the best of the beer world to the Philadelphia five-county area.
* * *
–>Read More Awesomeness from Coronado Brewing Company–>Shared with you via RSS.